Thursday 22 August 2013

Hello!

Hey everybody!

So after an unsuccessful attempt at starting a blog last year I have decided to try again! This time, I'm committed! It'll basically be just random posts about me and my life, what's going on, my thoughts and opinions (I hope it isn't too boring :/). Without further ado, here's a bit about me:

My name is Aureliane, but my friends call me Lili because it's WAY easier! I'm 16 years old and I was born in London, England before I moved to Geneva, Switzerland where I am currently. In a week and a half though I'm going back to England to go to boarding school for my A levels! My mum is French and my dad is Belgian so I have those two passports - all in all I'm pretty international and don't really consider any one country to be my own!

I live with my parents and my younger sister who is 14 years old. We get on reasonably well...some of the time...but we fight a lot like most siblings I guess :P We've had 3 hamsters in the past few years but recently the third one died. I don't know yet whether or not my sister will get another one when I'm gone but I hope she does! We also live with our au pair (kind of like a part-time nanny) who is studying at university nearby. She's from Latvia and has been with our family for the past 3 years, and we get on really well - she's more like a big sister to me than anything!

Until the beginning of this summer, I did acrobatic gymnastics at a high level. I started when I was 3 or 4 years old so I'd been doing it for over 12 years. I competed at national and international level and one of y proudest moments was becoming British champion in my category in 2009. I was also Swiss champion a couple of times but it wasn't such a big deal as there was nobody against me! One of the highlights of doing acro was the many competitions abroad I did in Germany, Switzerland (when I lived in England), Bulgaria, England (when I was living in Switzerland) and the most recent one in Portugal. Unfotunately, as I'm going to boarding school I won't be able to continue being a gymnast so that's kind of the end of it....I knew it was inevitable but it's sad all the same. I'll hopefully be able to do other similar sports like trampolining over there which should be fun though :)

So that's a bit of an introduction into me and my life, more posts will follow soon about my summer and new life as a boarder amongst other things. I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment